Snail Mail: 3245 Basie Road, Richmond, VA 23228
Win a $50 Food Lion gift card with me during Cooking with Kat
And again on the CW with Chris Thomas at 6:30pm
1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
4 whole cloves
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 cup heavy cream
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place drained tomatoes (reserve juice) on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes 10 minutes or until they just begin to become golden.
3. Meanwhile, place carrot and onion in a soup pot with remaining olive oil and heat over medium heat, stirring often, for a few minutes. Add tomatoes, reserved juice, cloves, broth, bay leaf and butter.
4. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until mixture is well heated and almost broken down. Stir rosemary and heavy cream into soup until well blended.
5. If you have an immersion blender, puree soup until creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, let soup cool for a few minutes then ladle half of the soup into a blender and puree. Then repeat with the other half. Reheat before serving.
more here from SheKnows