Snail Mail: 3245 Basie Road, Richmond, VA 23228
Win a $50 Food Lion gift card with me during Cooking with Kat
And again on the CW with Chris Thomas at 6:30pm
This is the best chili recipe you'll ever make. It was the blue ribbon winner at a chili cook-off, garnering a prize worth $20,000 according the the recipe book it came from. With surprise ingredients like beer and unsweetened cocoa, the blend of seasonings and flavors creates a mouth watering chili that will have them begging for the recipe. For the brave souls that like more fire, double the hot sauce to kick it up a notch.
This chili has been taste tested by people that have searched high and low for the best chili recipe and they agreed...it is definitely a winner!
2 1/2 lb. lean chuck, ground
1 lb. lean pork, ground
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
8 oz. hunt's tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
1. In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
2. Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes
more Chili recipes here